Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Peanut Butter Cookies

I had a request for this recipe so here we go:

3/4 C flour
1/2 t baking soda
1/4 t salt
1/4 c butter
1/4 c peanut butter
1/4 c brown sugar
1/4 c white sugar
1 egg
1/4 t vanilla

Cream butter, peanut butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla and stir well. Add the dry ingredients and stir until blended. Roll dough into balls. Dip in sugar and place sugar side up on the cookie sheet. Press with fork. Bake at 375* for 10-13 minutes.

What I did differently: I added probably a 1/4 cup more of flour. The batch that did first, I pressed with a fork and they turned out kinda thin....still soft, but thin. (I like fat thick cookies!) So after that I actually forgot to flatten them and they turned out just the way I like. I also think that letting the dough sit for a few minutes-10 or so- helps them to bake the way I like. This recipe doesn't make a whole lot....it is out of my cooking for 2 cook book, so if you are needing a large batch, double it!

No comments:

Post a Comment