Saturday, March 6, 2010

Honey Wheat Bread



I've been wanting to try a honey wheat bread recipe, but all of the recipes I found called for some ingredient that I never have on hand. So when I saw this on the the FOod Network website, I was so excited because it is stuff that I always have! And it is SOOOOOO good! And moist and soft which is another trouble I have when making anything wheat.

The Recipe:
2 1/2 cups warm water
1 package dry yeast
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 stick softened butter
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups wheat flour
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
4 cups bread machine flour

Directions:
Combine all ingredients, knead for about seven minutes or until dough is no longer wet but smooth. Let bread rise until doubled in size, punch down and shape into loaves. Let bread double in size again. Do an egg white wash on the top and it makes it look really pretty! Bake until crusty and brown on top, on 350* for about 30-34 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment