Wednesday, March 2, 2011

CupCaKEs

It has been way too long since I have put anything on this blog.....like a year! But my cooking wheels have been going again! One of my friends husband told his wife that he was enjoying the cooking war that we had going on because he got the benefits from both sides! Anyway.....I made the cupcakes below about the end of January. They were SOOOOOOO much fun to make, and they looked so cute......until the frosting starting melting. The cupcakes had cooled all night, so I contribut it wholey to bad frosting, which really didn't taste very good at all....like I scraped it off! The little "I love you" on top is out of chocolate. I just piped it onto wax paper, put it in the fridge for a little bit, then stuck it into the frosting. I loved that idea! THis is where I found the idea and recipe: http://readysetcraft.blogspot.com/2010/01/cupkins-valentines-edition.html


The things I would do/did different:
1- Just use a chocolate cake mix.
2- DEFINANTLY just use a basic buttercream frosting, not the one they use on the website.
3- I used raspberry jam....not sure how I feel about that....It seemed a little off to me, but I can't put my finger on why!

All in all it was a fun experiment that didn't turn out quite right, but was definantly worth trying!

1 comment:

  1. Woohoo! You're back in business!! I've been waiting :) These cupcakes are the cutest!! I loved them! DELISH! Way to go Chef Krista!

    ReplyDelete