Sunday, April 3, 2011

Meyer Lemon Cupcakes

VERY DELECTABLE!! These were so light and lemony and delicious! I'm making some cupcakes for a Relief Society thing at the end of this month, so I'm doing some experimenting!! After I get all my trials posted, I want ya'll to vote so I can see what you guys think would be best!!!
I found this recipe on The Sisters' Cafe blog:

Meyer Lemon Cupcakes


Submitted by Erin ~ The Sisters Cafe

Recipe from cupcakeblog.com

Makes ~28 regular cupcakes


1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature

2 cups sugar

4 large eggs

2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour

1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder

1/8 teaspoon salt

3/4 cup milk

1/4 cup meyer lemon juice

zest of one meyer lemon
Preheat oven to 375°. Beat butter on high until soft, about 30 seconds. Add sugar. Beat on medium-high until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, beat for 30 seconds between each. Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Add about a third of the dry ingredients to the mixing bowl and beat to combine. Add about a half of the milk and beat to combine. Continue adding, alternating between dry and wet and finishing with the dry. Add the lemon juice and lemon zest, beat to combine. Scoop into cupcake papers about half full. Place cupcakes in the oven and turn the oven down to 350°. Bake for 22-25 minutes until a cake tester comes out clean.


To assemble cupcakes: Fill cupcakes by cutting out a cone from each cupcake. Flip the cone and cut off the excess. Set the top aside. Fill each cavity with the tart cranberry filling. Replace each top. Frost with the meyer lemon cream cheese frosting. (I put the frosting in a piping bag with a star tip.)
Tart Cranberry Filling

Half of a 12-ounce bag of fresh cranberries

½ cup water

¼ cup sugar
Rinse and pick through cranberries. Add to a medium pan with water and sugar. Bring to a boil stirring to dissolve sugar. Let the mixture boil for ten minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Store in the refrigerator for 2 hours or overnight

Meyer Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting

1 sticks (½ cup) butter, room temperature

¾ of a 8-oz package of Philly cream cheese

1 ½ - 2 cups sifted powdered sugar

½ tablespoon meyer lemon juice

zest of one fourth of a meyer lemon
Beat butter at medium speed until creamy. Add cream cheese and beat until combined. Sift 1 ½ cups of the powdered sugar into the butter and cream cheese. Add the lemon juice and zest. Beat until combined. Add more sugar until you get to the consistency and sweetness you like. I used 2 cups.

What I Did:
  1. The main thing that I did different....which is a huge difference.... was that instead of doing the tart cranberry filling, I used the Raspberry filling stuff from the raspberry cream pie that is also on this blog. I just didn't see cranberries and lemon going together but it is probably delicious too!
  2. I'm not sure what meyer lemons are, so I just used some regular lemons and I think it turned out the way it was supposed to!

No comments:

Post a Comment