Thursday, April 7, 2011

Peach Crisp Cupcakes


I found this recipe on the blog 52 cupcakes, but I tweeked it  bit. I have this dream of someday coming up with a completely original recipe.....a time when I just know how much flour, baking soda, perfect flavor combinations.....you get the point. So this was my first attempt! I was not a fan of these to be completely honest. I felt they had way too much nutmeg in them. But my honey LOVED them! So they're worth a try!

The Recipe:
1-1/2 cups all purpose flour


1 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp ground nutmeg

1/4 tsp salt

1-1/4 cups granulated sugar

1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature

3 eggs

1 tsp vanilla

2 tsp grated orange zest-

3/4 cup milk

2 peaches or nectarines, pitted and thinly sliced and cut into thirds

Directions:
1. In a small bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, nutmeg and salt.
2. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat together sugar and butter until well combined. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition until light and fluffly. Add vanilla and orange zest, beating well. Alternately beat in flour mixture and milk, making three additions of flour mixture and two of milk, beating until smooth. Fold in peaches or nectarines.
3. Scoop batter into prepared pan. Bake in preheated over for 23-28 minutes or until golden brown and tops of cupcakes spring back when lightly touched.
Let cool in pan on rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool completely on rack.

The CRISP part:
1/2 Cup Flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 t cinnamon
1/4 cup butter

Mix into a crumble with a fork.
Put on top of cupcake batter before you bake them. Don't fill the cups up as much as normal because the crisp part fills them up some.
Top with whipped cream.
 
What I did::
  1. I used grapfruit zest because I didn't have any oranges. I'm not sure it did anything....I couldn't taste it!
  2. Instead of using the cut up peaches, I substituted a 1/4 cup of the millf with peach puree. SO it was 1/4 cup peach puree and 1/2 cup milk. I think I would even do 1/2 cup peach puree and 1/4 cup milk. I mixed the two together so I could add them at the same time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment